Friday, November 12, 2010

Title: Shiver
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: August 2009
Rating: ★★★ 1/2
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls
Pages: 390
Age Group: Young Adult

"For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf–her wolf–is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human... until the cold makes him shift back again.
   Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human–or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever."

        So the first time I read this book, I fell in love with it. I absolutely adored it. So much that toward the end it had me crying, and it takes a lot to do that. 
     
        However, when I read it again it felt very boring and tedious and it got a little better toward the end, but I didn't feel the emotion that I had the first time around :P It is still one of my favorite werewolf novels. This is a sweet romance novel but it was a little slow at times. 
    
        One thing I really enjoyed about this book was Maggie's twist on the average werewolf that everyone imagines. These werewolves shift based on how cold or hot it is. It is something that I've never seen done before and greatly enjoyed! =) 
    
        Personally, I think Grace can get a little annoying at times but that's just what I think and I am very very very picky about my young adult heroines. 
     
        All and all I gave this book three out of five stars because I think it is a nice novel but I don't think it is one that you need to go rushing out to Barnes and Noble to go buy.
        
        Live, Love, Laugh....Read!
        

0 comments:

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Will Read Next

Will Read Next
Everlasting by Alyson Noel

How I Rate Books

★★★★★ - Awesome!

★★★★ - Great!

★★★ - Good!

★★ - O. K.

★ - Sucked

Followers