Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Title: Halo
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Release Date: August 2010
Rating: ★★★ 1/2
Pages: 484
Age Group: Young Adult

"Three angels are sent down to bring good to the world: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. But she is the most human, and when she is romantically drawn to a mortal boy, the angels fear she will not be strong enough to save anyone—especially herself—from the Dark Forces.




Is love a great enough power against evil?"

   *sighs* how to put this into words. I first saw this on an ad on Facebook and it said "If you like Hush Hush you'll love Alexandra Adornetto's Halo" or something like that. The cover was really pretty and I did like Hush Hush so I went to go check it out.

   It was a nice book but I felt it was a little slow. It focused more on the romance between Bethany and Xavier. For me I feel romance is good--I like reading books with romance but I don't JUST read books with romance--but with this book I felt that there was just too much of it. It focused more on that then the actual good vs bad thing.

    It bored me after a while with her just going on and on about how much she loves Xavier and how her life would suck without him. I think it would have been better if the author had written the book with more action and had the romance as a side kind of thing.

     I didn't really like Bethany, she just seemed like the kind of heroine that wanted the guy to do everything for her. I like it when the girls stand up and fight for themselves, and then (most of the time) they have a crush or boyfriend.

     But I'm not gonna just bag on this book, so I did like the plot of the angels vs demons I just feel Alexandra Adornetto should have focused more on it than the love story. All and all I feel it was an okay book, but nothing you need to go out immediately and get.


    Live, Love, Laugh....Read!

1 comments:

Janine said...

I absolutely LOVED this book! I agree with you though, it's mostly a romance book and not so much action, but i'm such a sucker for a good romance story !

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Will Read Next

Will Read Next
Everlasting by Alyson Noel

How I Rate Books

★★★★★ - Awesome!

★★★★ - Great!

★★★ - Good!

★★ - O. K.

★ - Sucked

Followers