Sunday, November 14, 2010
Title: Shadowland
Author: Meg Cabot
Release Date: October 2000
Series: The Mediator
Rating: ★★★★★
Pages: 287
Age Group: Young Adult

" There's a hot guy living in Susannah Simon's bedroom. Too bad he's a ghost. 
   Suze is a mediator -- a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. But Jesse, the hot ghost haunting her bedroom, doesn't seem to need her help. Which is a relief, because Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations.




   But the very first day at her new school, Suze realizes it's not that easy. There's a ghost with revenge on her mind ... and Suze happens to be in the way."

   Ok, I absolutely ADORE this book! It is awesome!!! I think it's a GREAT first book for the AMAZING series!!!
    
    I love how Meg Cabot made Suze a kick-butt heroine!!! It is very hard for me to find YA heroines that aren't stupid, that aren't annoying, and are actually kind of cool. Suze is one of those heroines. She doesn't let a guy do for her what she can do for herself. She's different and she's ok with that! On her first day at her new school she was the only one to have wore a lot of black and the only one to have stood up to a really popular girl. 

    I love the sarcasm that is in this book. I think it's one of those books that you giggle at in a quiet classroom and everyone looks at you like your a freak. Also Meg Cabot inserts some Spanish words in there, since Jesse is Latino, such as " nombre de dios" and "querida".  After reading this book and series I fell in love with the word "querida" and what it signifies at the end of the series. 
  
    Overall I think that this is a wonderful book! It is definitely my favorite series. I just absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the series and book. I think Meg Cabot is a wonderful author :)

        Live, Love, Laugh.... Read!

2 comments:

Maddz said...

Wow, you're blog is awesome! It's a good companion to your videos :D

Love the design!

~Maddz (from SlightlyBookish!)

Maddz said...

Oops. I totally just followed this blog twice, once with my Twitter (because, for some reason, I couldn't figure out how to use my google account) and then again with my google account. I don't know how to fix it, LOL

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Will Read Next

Will Read Next
Everlasting by Alyson Noel

How I Rate Books

★★★★★ - Awesome!

★★★★ - Great!

★★★ - Good!

★★ - O. K.

★ - Sucked

Followers