Saturday, November 13, 2010
To Be Read Pile (as of November 13th)


                                             (my to be read pile on my nightstand ^^^)
So I'm just going to be going into a little bit more detail about each of those four book sitting there. Just so you guys can get a better idea about each one instead of just seeing a picture of them all stacked up like this. :)


Title: Impossible
Author: Nancy Werlin
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 384

"Lucy Scarborough is seventeen when she discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations, forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or to fall into madness upon their child’s birth. How can Lucy succeed when all of her ancestors have tried and failed? But Lucy is the first girl who won’t be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents beside her. And she has Zach, whose strength amazes her more each day. Do they have enough love and resolve to overcome an age-old evil?"


(Yes my copy from the library has a different cover, but I liked this cover better so I put this one) This looks so good! Currently I am on the fourth chapter and it is interesting. I've heard lots of good things about this book so I expect it to be good.





Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 496


"When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder—much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It’s hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing—not even a smear of blood—to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
 This is Clary’s first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It’s also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace’s world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . ."


Wow. That is all I have to say. I am lost for words. It sounds sooooooo good!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read this!!! My friend has already told me all about Jace and I can't wait to read about him!! I'm going to hurry up and finish Impossible so I can go on to this :) 


Title: Wicked: Witch and Curse
Author: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 672 


"Holly Cathers's world shatters when her parents are killed in a terrible accident. Wrenched from her home in San Francisco, she is sent to Seattle to live with her relatives, Aunt Marie-Claire and her twin cousins, Amanda and Nicole.
  In her new home, Holly's sorrow and grief soon give way to bewilderment at the strange incidents goings on around her. Such as how any wish she whispers to her cat seems to come true. Or the way a friend is injured after a freak attack from a vicious falcon. And there's the undeniable, magnetic attraction to a boy Holly barely knows. Holly, Amanda, and Nicole are about to be launched into a dark legacy of witches, secrets, and alliances, where ancient magics yield dangerous results. The girls will assume their roles in an intergenerational feud beyond their wildest imaginations...and in doing so, will attempt to fulfill their shared destiny."


 This book looks interesting. I saw it when I was wandering around the isles of Walmart and the cover looked cool so I read the back of it and it sounded good. Around a week later at school one of my friends was reading it, so I asked to borrow it. She let me and that's why it's second to last in my pile, because it doesn't have a date that the library wants it back lol :P 


Title: Beautiful Creatures
Author: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 563 


"There were no surprises in GatlinCounty






We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything."

 Once again, wow. This looks sooooooo interesting!!! Everybody has been saying it's really good too!! The only reason that it is at the end of my to be read pile and not second (after City of Bones of course ;]) is because I own this book. So I never have to return it to the library or to a friend. I feel more relaxed keeping this one. But I'm really excited for when I get to this book. I have high expectations for this one.


       So I hope you guys enjoyed getting a look at my to be read pile :) If any of you have read any of these before please tell me if you think they were good. But please please try not to give any spoilers ;)

       Live, Love, Laugh.... Read!


0 comments:

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Will Read Next

Will Read Next
Everlasting by Alyson Noel

How I Rate Books

★★★★★ - Awesome!

★★★★ - Great!

★★★ - Good!

★★ - O. K.

★ - Sucked

Followers